Translate

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

yesterday, i had a quarrel with an unknown person from an overseas number via text messsage.
and today, i was awoken by my cousin scream hysterically in my ear

cousin: 'julia, wake up, wake up! you won't believe this! you're gonna be as happy as i am right now!'
me: what?
cousin: my brother got kidnapped!
me: wtf?
cousin: yeah! unbelieveable,eh? i couldn't believe it too! oh. your mom's on the line.


picks up the phone.

me: hello?
mom: hello, julia ah? your cousin's been kidnapped. the kidnapper demanded 3Ok of ransom, you know? now i want you to stay at home and make sure no one gets out of the house and the doors are locked.
me: mom, relax. it's probably just a phone scam.
mom: how can i relax? who knows maybe this is true, you know? your aunt's at the police station now lei.(blah.blah.blah)
me: okay, mom. i got it.


hangs up phone. went back to sleep.

i wasn't making up the whole thing.
it appears that the 'kidnapper' was from CHINA and he threatned my aunt that if she doesn't show up with the ransom, my cousin will lose a leg.
and which kidnapper would be so stupid enough to meet up at chinatown, a bustling part of singapore. i don't buy it.

in the end, my cousin wans't kidnapped. he was at school.
now everyone's still paranoid cause they're afraid that the real thing might happen.
everyone's been constantly reminding me to keep the doors locked at all times.
and i even got a lecture from my aunt just because i told my mom to relax. how cool is that?

you might think that i'm heartless cause i don't seem to care. you're right.
i didn't take it seriously cause i know it's a scam.
those fcuking china bastards thinks that they can get some money by cheating kind, loving mothers who cares about their child. tsk.
originality,please?

No comments: