Translate

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I want to recognize your beauty's not just a mask.
















when i first entered the orphanage, i was greeted with friendly smiles and waves welcoming our arrival. followed by the aromatic scent of flowers. and lastly with their local percussion music. the children surrounded us. and we mingled around asking for their name and age, how are you? i took a picture with this fierce looking boy called cham. he was amazed by the technology i held in my hand and gave me a grin showing off his angelic white teeth. later on he asked me if i could be his sister. thinking in my mind that cham is from an orphanage probably lacking of family love, i agreed to it and he held my hand as we walked. he haad a noticable scar but i never asked. but no one informed me that i was not suppose to do so. because cham became so attached to me he kept following me wherever i went holding my hand so firmly out of nowhere. but i never saw him as a nuisance. maybe because i always wanted a brother. i didn't have the heart to reject him either. he would always keep telling me that he's very happy but when i asked he couldn't answer. we had fun(: cham's a smart boy. he learns things fast but he's very shy. i volunteered him to answer a question, he knew the answer to it but he got so nervous with all attention focused on him when he stood up, i had to whisper the answer to him. oh, and he loves soccer. he's good. i spent majority of my time at the orphanage with cham. not to mention some other kids too. the first day went well. the second day was a fun yet dreadful one. it was our last day at the orphanage and i developed a fever, i didn't get to see him much as he was having lessons with the other group of students. but still when i saw him, very predictably he would come up to me smiling. while the rest were having their farewell ceremony, i went to the girl's dorm and rested because i couldnt take it. when i awoke, teachers surrounded me, fanning me take ice trying to subside my 39.1C. when it was about to leave, i had to find cham. i went down and immediately i heard from people that cham was looking for me. it wasn't long before i saw him, i gave him a bracelet which i bought on earlier, i had one too. my tears were filling the brim of my eyes, i wanted to control myself. he held my hand and sent me off the entrance, it was slient. everyone was bidding farewell to their little kiddos. he asked me a question. Cham : " will you come back tomorrow?" Me: " No. I'm sorry" he seemed to have understood that our relationship was only temporary.i gave him a big hug and i boared the bus not wanting to show him my about to cry face. on the bus i saw the children all waving goodbye, coming up to the bus window giving us high-five. i couldn't help but cry. it was a sad scene. the bus drivers had difficulties moving the vehicle away as some children were too close to the bus. a girl gave me her email. wow, i was amazed by it. finally we left. that was the last time i ever saw cham again. the feeling was horrible. i felt so sick and i missed cham so much already. i hope to see that boy doing well someday. maybe someday i might come visit him again. but god knows when. i still have the necklace he made for me(:

No comments: