Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I've been listening to "Wake me up when september ends" for the longest time but I've never actually took notice of the lyrics. Listened to it again recently and the lyrics struck me hard, like a knife in the knee.   "Like my father's come to pass, seven years have gone so fast." 

I never actually realised how long it has been but thinking about it fuck, its been 7 fucking years already. I turn 20 next year and that means I've spent my whole teenage life without you, dad. The girls you left were women you never raised. 7 years will soon turn into a decade in a blink of an eye. Honestly, not having you around was torturous. How do you forget someone who gave you so much to remember? You've taught me so much. Underneath that vulgar countenance and that god awful crude mouth of his, he is a wise loving man. The only man who has ever showered me with endless love and words that make you feel like you're not alone. The only man whom I have never loved so much. Now no longer in my life, I was bemused and struggled to stand on my own two feet. Fighting to eradicate the ever so comforting words so audible in my mind. When I was washed with clarity as to why you left. You became a man that I hate to love.

No comments: