Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Its always when sleep lowers its jaws on me that's when thoughts starts teeming in, in-fluxing an obtuse portion of my mind repudiating the lethargy which had adhered closely to me for the entire day. Not too long ago, I was at Chua Chu Kang's cemetery paying my respects to my deceased grandmother with my family. Later on I decided to wander around the cemetery alone. In the dead silence of the cemetery, a lady's cry was audible. I turned my head towards the direction of the lament. Straining my eyes, I witnessed a tearful conversation between a daughter and her mother's tombstone. The daughter, so grief stricken by the loss of her mother all i could hear from her was a voice chocked with inarticulate agony. Her sobs echoed like cathedral bells. She was oblivious to the number of onlookers watching her exchange. Her affliction caused my sight to be  blurred by the tears that welled up in my eyes. That scene reruns in my mind sometimes, it has got me to be reciprocative of what my mom has done for me. To treasure the ones I love. My mom has been my pillar of support and i'm very grateful she's always been there for me. Thinking back, i've always been a dissent child of many tempers and tantrums causing my mom to rage and lose her radiant glow. I'm sorry mom. I'll try to be a better daughter. I'll bring you to Korea someday and you can eat all the korean cuisine you want.

No comments: